Thursday, May 6, 2010

Where Dreams Come True

As was recently announced on our blog, Eric recently accepted a job at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Here's his update:
I am working at Blizzard Beach, one of the two waterparks that are part of Disney World. I've been working custodial and so far have been assigned to busing tables at the biggest restaurant in the park. This means I clean the seating/eating areas to a magical shine. It hasn't been too busy - most of the days I have worked it has rained or been heavily overcast. The other workers say that the park when its busy is very crowded; the capacity is about 6000 and so far attendance has been under 3000. I'm enjoying having a job and look forward to the busy season - despite the heat that is already sneaking up on us!
One of the fun things I've had to deal with is the local .. um... fauna. Apparently snakes like waterparks too! We chase the little non-poisonous ones away but we have to call Snake Wrangler for the big ones. I've also gotten to meet lots of little humans too, as the kid section, Tike's Peak, is full of kids from all over the world.
If you're looking to visit Disney, now's the time! Come on down and visit, we'd love to see you.
- Eric
Posted by Picasa

No comments: