Jess and Lily traveled to NJ for 2 weeks over Easter. Lily, having good genes, loved her first airplane rides. Above is Lily enjoying the only free seat on the plane.
I (Jess) was sick and lost my voice, so I signed to Lily, which of course she is used to anyway, and didn't mind. We sure got some stares though! I was also asked multiple times if Lily was "real" - she was absolutely silent on the plane, just smiled or slept.
In Newark, Lily and I spent our first two days at Mom/Grandma's school, where she teaches 5th and 6th grade. The kids loved meeting Lily and tried to remain attentive to their work despite Lily's super-distraction-powers.
After a few hard days work distracting middle-schoolers, Lily enjoyed the sunroom with Sam. It was a bit chilly in NJ when we arrived, but we got a few hot sunny days in as well.
Lily met Uncle Chris for the first time. We celebrated Chris' 24 birthday while we were there. I offered to let him change Lily's diaper in celebration but I think he's holding out for his 25th or maybe 30th...
(to be continued)

No comments:
Post a Comment