Ok so it was actually "capsule endoscopy" day
(and our first anniversary!)
but ... well, lets start at the beginning.
This is a test that allows the doctors to see the inside of the 23foot long small intestine through a pill shaped camera that transmits images to a computer worn around the waist. Capsule Endoscopy is a relatively new procedure (FDA approved in 2001). All it requires for prep is a bit of fasting...
At first Jess thought a diet of icepops and jolly ranchers
(excepting the red ones) wasn't too bad an idea.

By noon I changed my mind. Look how happy I am...
And yes, it's the bomber look. They warned us to stay away from banks and airports or "we'll have to bail you out of jail."
Tempting but I didn't want to start that fasting thing all over again.

This belt was not designed for me - the nurses had a hard time getting it this small.. and it's still big enough for two of me. Not to mention the business card sized leads stickied to my abdomin. The nurses compained that I didn't have "enough room" without the leads overlapping. They like fat people better. If they'd have let me eat... !!
(and our first anniversary!)
but ... well, lets start at the beginning.
This is a test that allows the doctors to see the inside of the 23foot long small intestine through a pill shaped camera that transmits images to a computer worn around the waist. Capsule Endoscopy is a relatively new procedure (FDA approved in 2001). All it requires for prep is a bit of fasting...
At first Jess thought a diet of icepops and jolly ranchers
(excepting the red ones) wasn't too bad an idea.
By noon I changed my mind. Look how happy I am...
And yes, it's the bomber look. They warned us to stay away from banks and airports or "we'll have to bail you out of jail."
Tempting but I didn't want to start that fasting thing all over again.
This belt was not designed for me - the nurses had a hard time getting it this small.. and it's still big enough for two of me. Not to mention the business card sized leads stickied to my abdomin. The nurses compained that I didn't have "enough room" without the leads overlapping. They like fat people better. If they'd have let me eat... !!

No comments:
Post a Comment